Carrot Essential Oil
How do we use it in a perfume, what is it benefits and recommandations ?
Carrot ; plant and essential oil
- Latin name : Daucus carota var. sativa
- Country : France, India, Netherlands
- Botanic family : Apiaceae
- Flowering: June
- Harvest: From July to September
- Extraction method: Hydrodistillation
- Molecular families:
- Sesquiterpenols : carotol (≃ 70%)
- Sesquiterpenes (≃ 7,5 %)
- Oxidized alcohols (≃ 5%)
- Organoleptic attributes: Light yellow to amber liquid
Carrot essential oil in parfumerie
- Olfactory family: Fruity
- Olfactory descriptors : Iridescent, earthy, woody, seed
- Harmony : Mainly used with raw materials with woody, floral and spicy notes. It will reinforce the powdery facet of iris, mimosa or violet in floral creations.
- Famous perfumes :
Properties and benefits
Carrot essential oil is used in aromacholy specifically for its balancing, relativizing and above all tonic actions.
Its benefits :
- Brings positivity
- Joy vector
- Calms the small tensions of everyday life
- Works on memory
- Brings back hope and helps to see the positive
- Helps to settle and gain self-confidence
- Allows you to stabilizeFavorise la positivité
The first thing to know is that it is important to dilute this oil before putting it in contact with the skin. Used a vegetable oil such as argan or sweet almond oil… If you haven’t, you must surely have olive oil in your kitchen.
In aromatherapy, Carrot essential oil is known to fight against skin disorders of all kinds: acne, eczema, rosacea or even burns. It will soothe, regenerate and limit the proliferation of bacteria. It will also act on spots and wrinkles.
In addition, Carrot essential oil will act on the hepatorenal sphere: it stimulates the liver, regenerates hepatic cells and fights against various hepatic disorders.
Finally, carrot essential oil has an important bactericidal action that prevents the development of fungi and other infections on the body.
We recommend that you speak to a specialist before using any essential oil so that he affirms that there is no contra-use for you according to your medical situation, your profile and your age.
– Diffusion : The diffusion of Carrot essential oil helps create a tonic atmosphere that favours positivism and fight the tensions of everyday life.
– Olfaction : This technique is recommended for immediate action. On a tissue by inhaling slowly and deeply rather in the morning until the beginning of the afternoon, the essential oil of Carrot will stimulate the memory and bring a big boost. Ideal for people in times of depression or who need to settle themselves to better move forward.
– Cutaneous way : Carrot essential oil must always be diluted to 5% in vegetable oil before being applied to the skin.
Apply and massage on the areas to be treated: on the liver to stimulate its activity or on the stomach to activate digestion.
– Oral way : It is possible to use it orally but this must be done under the advice and monitoring of a professional. Place a drop on a food support (ex: square of sugar) to stimulate digestion and soothe liver ailments.
Danger and contraindication
Even if this essential oil seems safe and there are no contraindications for you, we recommend that you consult a specialist to ensure that its use is safe for you.
Here are some examples (non-exhaustive list) of the risks and contraindications associated with its use :
– Prohibited during the first 3 months of pregnancy.
– Prohibited for children under 1 year.
– Not recommended for hypertensives.
We would like to emphasize once again the importance of consulting a specialist before any use and of scrupulously respecting the method of use as well as the dosage he recommends.
Carrot essential oil is associated with the root chakra.
To obtain 1 to 2 kilos of Wild Carrot essential oil, approximately 100 kilos of seeds must be distilled.
Cooking recipe :
2 organic leek whites
2 organic potatoes
1 organic zucchini
1 head of organic broccoli
1 stalk of organic celery
Soy milk: 250ml
1 tablespoon organic olive oil
2 drops of carrot essential oil
1 drop of cumin essential oil
1 drop of celery essential oil
Salt and pepper
Wash all the vegetables and peel them.
Gently brown the 2 finely cut leek whites in 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
When they are made into compote, add 1L of water. Add the 2 sliced potatoes and cook completely covered.
Mash everything with a fork and add the finely cut zucchini, the broccoli and the celery into small pieces. When everything comes to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
Leave to simmer over low heat, 20 to 30 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked and still slightly crunchy, al dente, then add the soy milk, 2 drops of carrot essential oil, 1 drop of essential oil of cumin and 1 drop of celery essential oil.
Allow to heat without returning to a boil.